I kept telling D.H. (and myself) as we were driving to the Organic Beekeeper's Conference (hosted by the famous Dee Lusby) in Oracle, AZ.
SO excited to have all natural organic honey!
Oh and I couldn't resist dressing my 2 year old like a bee :)
And we were so blessed to witness Corwin from http://backyardhive.com/ catch a wild swarm!
This is how D.H. wants to get our first bees. Purchasing them is expensive---with shipping it will cost us $150.
But anyway the conference was great. I'll blog more about what we learned another day.
Another highlight: We even met Dean and Laurie and got our book signed:
This is probably one of the best---maybe it is the best---all natural beekeeping book out there. Not to mention that Laurie (better known as Ramona) was wonderful and certainly my favorite beekeeper there!
So now we need to build some hives and get some bees. A swarm would be great but where to find one? I have started advertising for free swarm removal. But there has got to be a cheaper more reliable way...we really would like to buy some locally.
.................to "bee" continued!





1 comment:
How exciting! And scary. :-) I once got to witness someone catch a swarm because they up and left the box...so I guess recapture is the word? It was in Bolivia (same place I ate goat).
Cutest little bee every by the way!
Post a Comment