Thursday, July 23, 2009

The death of my blog :)

My blog might be dead--I'm not sure what I am going to do with it...you see my computer crashed recently and so I took a huge unexpected break from blogging and facebook and emailing....but it turned out to be such a blessing! I can actually live without the internet! WOW! Now I am so hesitant to go back on any of those sites because I don't want to get "addicted" again now that I am free! lol! This is actually the first time I've been back to my blog since the last post! I definitely don't want to go on the internet very often anymore. Just to pay bills and check email (occasionally).

Quick updates:
My twin neices are still living with us. That is hard but good--the Lord keeps bringing them to me (2 years ago they were in my care right after we moved back to AZ and I watched them for 2 weeks and then had to quit because it was just to hard after the move and with a new baby). We are getting their food stamps which helps a ton but it is still hard (not financially--really just emotionally for me). Often I wish for our comfortable little life of "5" to be back. I have all the responsibility of being a mom but none of the perks.
Their mom comes and takes her girls once a week on her day off, which ends up being a nice break, but other than that they are my kids all day long and night. They are good sweet girls. They need very little correction. I am glad for them to be here because I know it is a better life than day care all the time.

Other than that it's the same ol on the farm! Animals are getting big! had my bday recently and I got a birthday present from 2 of the chickens...our first 2 eggs! I could hardly believe it! I've got one laying white eggs and another laying brown--1 from each every day. Pretty cool!

Baby is 7.5 months now and crawling and standing a ton! DS is so much fun I can hardly stand it! Boys are SO easy--I want a whole bunch! DD is a princess---she changes her outfit atleast 3 or 4 times a day! She didn't learn that from me--that's for sure! (ok--I will admit I did that in high school! but I was 14 then!)

I've started homeschooling the girls. I found a free k-12 curriculum online that I really like. DD is only 3 so it is early, but she's ready for a lot of it so I'm just going to take it really slow with her and try and make it fun so she doesn't get discouraged. She's really excited to learn to write and read and count so I'm just going to keep the momentum going. The twins are ready for school. Their fifth bday is just past the kindergarten cut off line---had they been born only 1 month earlier they'd be in school. So they are doing very well with the kindergarten curriculum. The website by the way, with the free Christian curriculum is: www.oldfashionededucation.com
I've adapted some of it, but I love that the author makes it free and she utilizes literature and textbooks from 100+ years ago--a time when Christ was considered the standard, and also they are not dumbed down like so many children's books and textbooks are today. Children were smarter back then because adults expected more from them (and maybe because they didn't sit around in front of a TV all day?) All of the books and text are free because they were written a hundred years ago or more and the copyright has expired. So you can read them and print them for free.

Still trying to find a way to take a trip to CA--I know the kids would have a ball at the beach! I'm still trying to think of ideas of who could watch the farm....

So maybe my blog isn't completely "dead" but I do hope to continue to be on the internet infrequently. There is just too much else to do and too much life to live and naps to take and sleep to be had :)
God bless!

1 comment:

The Clark Clan! said...

I just found your blog through Amelia's. (http://ameliathompson.blogspot.com/)
Don't leave now!
It is too hot here in Arizona to do anything but read other people's blog!
Amey