Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Do you know how babies are made?

I heard this in the store the other day....Yes, we do know how babies are made :) I can't tell you how many people ask us if we've figured that out yet! We will probably have many children Lord willing.
We arn't opposed to controlling the number of kids one wants to have, or in the spacing them apart--we are opposed to hormonal birth control that contains "Progestine"--please do much research on this before ever choosing to use the pill or any bc that contains the hormone Progestine--watch this informative 3 min.YouTube video to see how Progestine causes embryonic abortions. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhZOBqdlE5M

Concerning the twins
And after chatting with the twins mom--it looks as though the twins will become a rather permanent part of our family. Pray for us. I can't imagine letting them go knowing they'd be put in day care again--but the selfish side of me wants to enjoy just our own family--that is what is easy and comfortable for me--pray that I would die to my self soon and every wake up with a self sacrificing heart that would love the twins as my own and as Christ would want me to. Also we are going to be needing a bigger car...Do they make cars bigger than 7 seats?! I think so--probably a suburban or an astro van...or a bus or a motor home! We don't have any money so we'll see what the Lord provides!

Homebirth is the way to go!
I'm excited to have another homebirth--my last 2 births have been with midwives and have been amazing and basically painless births! They were exhausting and trying and wore me completely out--but it was not agonizing pain at all. I gave birth to #3 in the tub at my house! It was amazing. I highly reccomend homebirths, natural birthing, midwifery, the Bradley method (opposed to Lamaze which is useless--my opinion--I've taken both classes), and MOST importantly--memorizing scripture for labor--turns out one of my contractions was the same length as saying Psalm 23 in my head--so when I was almost done the contraction was almost over! It also helped me by focusing me entirely on something else instead of the contraction.

Homebirths are safer than hospital births-- less than 1% of all homebirths have any kind of complications, whereas hospital births have a whopping 20% off all births have some kind of "complication." 10% of women require an episiotomy at a homebirth, whereas 90% of women get an episiotomy in the hospital!!! (many doctors do episiotome routinely!) Less than 5% of homebirths end in c-section, whereas 25-33% of ALL women get c-sections in a hospital (doctors love c-sections because they can be home in time for dinner! It also saves them a ton of money in lawsuits--if a doctor reccomends a c-section then he can tell a judge that he did everything in his power to save the baby.)
I reccomend the "Business of Being Born" (a video documentary by Ricki Lake) to learn more about this but I must caution that there is some swearing and women birthing candidly--so be ready for that. You can rent it from Netflix or even watch it instantly on Netflix.
a neat video is on http://www.christianchildbirth.org/index.html-- scroll to the bottom of the homepage to see a video of a Christian woman singing psalms during hard contractions--this is what labor can be like--it doesn't need to be like the movies (a woman screaming through labor is a woman out of control). Labor should be quiet, peaceful and relaxed--it's when you start squirming and writhing that the pain kills--you are fighting labor and it is not progressing--if you allow your body to completely relax and to work with labor and let your body do what it needs to do, labor will go much quicker and not that bad at all.

3 comments:

Amelia said...

Don't people make the silliest comments!?

Somehow I missed the news that you are expecting!!! Congratulations to you! When are you due?

Praying for you as you adjust to the more permanent situation with the twins. I love how God changes our hearts to line up with his will. Such a beautiful thing!

Anna said...

Love this post. Of course. It feels like this would be an answer to "tell me in three minutes why you are having a homebirth." The expression in Hebrew for "in a nutshell" is "standing on one foot." I think I could have read this while standing on one foot - great summary!

By the way, wasn't your blog supposed to be dead??? That's why I haven't been checking.

Anna said...

Oh, and any success communicating with your insurance company? I'd love to hear if you have any updates on that.

Sending you lots of love!