Monday, April 20, 2009

Geese are cute...turkeys are stalking me :)

Again my husband thinks I'm ridiculous--the turkey poults (the older white ones) are big now--the size of a normal hen. And I think they are stalking me. Sizing me up and down just waiting for the day they are going to attack. But my husband thought I was crazy when I told him the rooster was stalking me and what do ya know he attacked me a few days later! But DH says they are still just babies--only a month old. I say they are stalking me. They walk by me kind of slow and eye me up and down. It gets my heart racing a little so one day I took a step back...and he took a couple of steps forward so I had to kick him! He squawked and walked off (I say he--but it could be a she--at this point I really don't know but I would feel a lot better if I knew they were girls because turkey toms really can be just as bad as roosters about being aggressive). I feel like I'm on the movie Jurassic Park...you know-the scene with the velociraptor?! They moviemakers (speelburg?) must have studied roosters and turkey toms to decide how they wanted the dinosaurs to act because there are a lot of similarities! Needless to say the turkeys may go in a cage very soon....
Now as for my geese they are as cute as can be. No matter where I go they want to come too! I'm like the goose mommy...I know...I'm mother goose!! (haha--I just thought of that right now all on my own :) And the ducks follow the geese so usually I've got all the waterfowl following me around. They are losing their baby down and starting to get feathers and whatever is coming in is soooo soft. We put them in the water today and watched them swim--that was fun--but surprisingly they really just wanted to get out. I thought they were supposed to love the water. Maybe when they get older. But it is REALLY hot today. All the animals were in the shade and still panting. I think the nice weather we've been having ended on Sunday. Oh well! It was inevitable--the heat had to come at some time!

2 comments:

The Raggedy Girl said...

Have a Terrific Tuesday
I love coming to visit you
from
Roberta Anne a.k.a. The Raggedy Girl

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I feel the same way about roosters! Growing up we always had mean ones from time to time, so I hate them! My husband laughs at me and says they aren't mean. But I swear, they do stalk me and they just give ya that look. Ugh.