Friday, March 6, 2009

Helpful Habits

An excerpt from The Encyclopedia of Country Living:

"People are always asking me how I manage to get so much done. My husband asks me how I manage to keep track of it all. The honest truth is that I don't. I don't really get that much done, and Lord knows I don't keep track of it all. But for what it's worth, here are some habits I have that help me accomplish what I do:

1) Don't discuss the obvious.

2) Don't own a television

3) Quit a job when you're losing efficiency.

4) Go to bed when you're tired.

5) Eat less salt and sugar, and use less heat.

6) Keep lists of things to do and things to buy.

7) Then get somebody else to do as many of those as possible.

8) Don't drink coffee, tea, cola, or alcohol; smoke cigarettes; chew snooze; or use illegal drugs

9) Sing a lot.

10) Pray a lot."

2 comments:

The Raggedy Girl said...

Pauline:

What a fun post and I bet you do get a lot done. I like to just keep moving forward, do one thing and then do the next, it really works.

Roberta Anne

Joy said...

I need to print that list out for sure. I should put it in my bible and pray over it each day. I do most of those things. However, in the last year I have grown to like coffee every morning.. And sugar, well lets not go there. This week if it is not windy. We had 55 mph wind and 65mph gust today. It was horrible.. I will take some pic's of the prairie we live on. It is so dry this year that nothing has greened up and probably won't if we don't get any rain. I think August was the last rain we have had. Hopefully my yard will start greening up and also will have a baby kid any day. This morning the neighbors Genies (sp) chickens were at the back gate waiting for grain. I just loved it. I tried to get them to come into the yard, but they aren't use to people much so they ran for cover. The ideas you had about the toys is great. I am definitely going to do that. The Jesus and 3 gifts I love. Well I better get to bed. I have all 4 little one's in bed (not asleep) and the oldest is house sitting, the husband is sick still so I am on the couch for guard duty. SO the children won't wake him up tonight and he will be able to rest well. God Bless and thanks for the encouragement..