Thursday, February 24, 2011

My doe had....TRIPLETS!

Where oh where is my camera!  Cutest little things you've ever seen!  About the size of miniature poodles.  Ruth (the horned white and black La Mancha/Boer mix) had 2 girls and 1 boy.
It's been VERY eventful since she had them yesterday.  She was kicking the little guy off and bucking him--wouldn't let him nurse--so to occupy Ruth we fed her grain (I really don't like to do that....) and I held the horns to buy some time for D.H. to forse the little guy to eat.  Last night, my oldest daughter prayed that the baby would live...well maybe God answered that through our BIG mistake.
Today Ruth is bloated.  It was the grain.  I knew I shouldn't have given her so much!!!!  I've been out there every 2 hours massaging her sides, keeping her standing, walking her around, and trying to make her burp.  She is drinking water and has pooped-very good signs-she is very sick though.  We think the bloat will be ok on its own to heal so we chose not to use any oils (the first reccomendation)--I have a lot of concerns about the oils--whether mineral or more natural--so we'll wait and see.  She seems a tad better.  We'll see how tomorrow goes. The upside is that she is so sick that she doesn't really care who nurses and little guy is doing great.  The babies are all doing very well so atleast that is reassuring.  But now I am praying so hard that Ruth will be fine too.
Will post pics when I find that camera :)

1 comment:

rachelbess said...

Congratulations on the triplets, I can't wait to see pictures. I'll be crossing my fingers for the mama!